Make Learning Truly Student-Centered
“Why do I need to learn this?”
That’s a question familiar to every teacher, and it’s not always easy to answer. By placing the student at the center of his or her own educational experience, LiFT makes learning more personal, more real. Since students and teachers work together through LiFT to create dynamic learning plans that evolve and grow, learners can understand for themselves why and how what they learn is important to their futures - and develop their own pathways for success through their academic careers and on to post-secondary opportunities.
How can LiFT help your students:
- Engagement. LiFT structures and sustains the ongoing conversations that teachers and students need for mutual success.
- Inspiration. Students are co-authors of their education for increased motivation, independence, and full participation.
- Simplicity. LiFT’s inviting, intuitive interface is easy to master and fun to use.
- Synthesis. All stakeholders collaborate to transform learner input into relevant, rigorous, personalized curriculum.
- New pathways. LiFT’s customizable database of local, regional and global career opportunities gives every student equal access to the exciting pathways available.
how it works:
LIKE | Every day, students use LiFT to rate their current level of engagement with activities both in and out of school. LiFT naturally uncovers learner interests, strengths, and skills.
LOOK | LiFT invites students to choose the topics, careers, and post-secondary pathways most meaningful to them. Student voice and choice are essential for learning to be relevant.
LEARN | LiFT helps students and teachers co-author rigorous, standards-aligned, highly relevant learning experiences. Personalize learning according to each student’s unique interests, strengths and needs.
Personalized Learning Success Stories:
Focus: Outdoor Leadership
Early enrollment Colorado
College in Outdoor Leadership Program
Focus: Study in Nepal Studied Nepali, Ayurvedic Medicine, Buddhism, Hinduism Tufts University Credit: Science, English, Social Studies
Focus: Robotics, Electronics
Designed and built plasma speaker and rocket propulsion gun
Early college at Clarkson College
Credit: Science, Social